Deal of the Day - $15-$25 off Kindle Fire Tablets for Prime Members

UPDATE 2: They have now removed the discounts that were previously being advertised for the Kids Editions, so I removed the links to those tablets.
UPDATE: The discount on the Kids Editions may not be accurate. Amazon is still advertising them both as discounted on the Fire Tablets Family page, but I could not get the discount to actually show up through the checkout process. The discounts on the Fire 7 and HD 8 are still good though. Discount will show up when you "Proceed with Checkout"

So this is what Amazon was doing while Newegg was discounting their Echo Show.
Amazon has the Kindle Fire 7 for $34.99, Kindle Fire HD 8 for $54.99, Kindle Fire 7 Kids Edition for $79.99, and Kindle Fire HD 8 Kids Edition for $99.99.

The difference between the regular versions and kid versions are primarily a big cushy case and a no-questions-asked warranty. These prices are not as low as Prime Day prices, when I bought a 7" Fire for $20 after a $10 rebate for using voice ordering on Alexa, but they're still a great deal if you don't want to wait two and a half months to hope to save $5 on Black Friday.

I'd recommend the $55 HD 8, even though that's not what I bought myself. Mine was for my daughter and it's fine for her uses, but it can be painful for me when I'm trying to add apps and things for her. The kids edition may or may not be worth it. For me, the $20 I spent on it was kind of an experiment to see how she does with it and it was going to cost more than double to get the kids edition, so it seemed silly. (update: Now that the kids versions are full price and the others are still discounted, the Kids Edition upgrades are definitely not worth it, especially for the 7" tablet)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal of the Day - Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Keyboard for $17.99

Active Deals of the Day

Elimination Diet