Getting back on track

Wow it's been a long time.

I've been through a lot so far this year, and I'm sorry for allll those times when I didn't update you.

Basically in January and February anxiety was killing me. I went to the ER twice within a couple months and they didn't really seem to think anything weird about that. After the second time, I got myself set up with a new therapist who I've been seeing about twice a month since then. My PCP also got me started on a low dose of an SSRI which helped almost immediately.

We also moved house in January, during a snowstorm which was cool. We're appreciating the extra space in the new place, but more space to live also means more space to clean, which isn't something I'm good at when I'm really struggling with my mental health.

I was excited for school to end and to get to hang out with my daughter all summer, but just a week or two into her summer I got some news about my health and started feeling sick all the time* which made it impossible to do most of the fun things we were looking forward to.

On to the good news!!

I've recently finally started feeling healthy again. And one of the things I've been dying to do, especially now the kiddo is back in school, is actually start to get our new house looking like I want. This means a few things:
1) Clean and deep clean
2) Kon-Mari/massive purge and declutter
3) Decorate and make this place feel like a home
4) Try to do a new Bullet Journal or other life organizer
5) Possibly rearrange furniture. I always love doing that.
So those are the things I'm hoping to focus on in the coming weeks/months. I doubt I'll be posting daily at this point, but I'll try to keep it up to at least a weekly basis. I'll show you some before and after pics or something. Husband and I are both hoarders who fancy ourselves minimalists so hopefully we'll see some drastic changes.

If anyone has any recommendations for chore lists or schedules, something like a calendar for the whole year telling me exactly what to do every year, that would be cool. I've got a couple I'm looking at that I'll share as I try them out, but unfortunately chore charts sometimes make my eyes glaze over and then put me deep in hibernation to avoid having to deal with any of it, so I've got to find something that, you know, doesn't do that.


And for anyone wondering about my dear friend The Great Distracto, she's alive and well and simply beautiful. The case keeps things a twinge hot playing new games (most notably Civilization VI as that's the newest thing I've tested), as expected, but because of my particular set up, it's easy enough for me to keep the case basically wide open when gaming to keep temps under control. Oblivion runs just fine though 🤣


*to be addressed in a later post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal of the Day - Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Keyboard for $17.99

Active Deals of the Day

Elimination Diet